Reedley International School is the first and only institution among the top schools in Metro Manila and in the Philippines to provide a unique international educational program that enables students to learn more with a less stressful, yet engaging and challenging experience.
1. Reedley raises the students’ morale and self-esteem so that they participate actively, explore their interests and show more initiative and greater disposition to learning.
- We have institutionalized a positive and challenging learning environment where children, can experience small and big successes with less stress through:
- Small class sizes of 16 to 27, the ideal number for learners to fully grasp the lessons taught by their teachers, similar to class sizes found in top Singapore and US schools.
Small Class Program
- The SCP environment: Has a very small class size of 8 students
- Customized Reading of Honors Program
- Reasonable number of class hours and less stressful daily schedules
- Personable approach of teachers and administrators
2. Unlike most schools which only measure how smart or dumb a child is, Reedley acts as a roadmap and mentor that nurtures each student to reach his or her potential and aim higher with less stress through:
- After-School Review Sessions (Academic Consultation)
- Customized Academic and Non-Academic Action Plans
- Parent One-on-One chats
- Intensive Guidance Counseling
- College Entrance Test Review Programs for Upper School 10 and 11 students
3. The school’s academic curriculum is based on the McRel program from the USA. Also, the Science and Math programs are derived from the national academic curriculum of Singapore.
4. Bullying, at home and in school, greatly contributes to child stress and hinders them from learning and from having healthy family and peer relationships
Reedley’s flagship subject, Life Skills, has been helping students to manage healthy family and peer relationships and work effectively with less stress through:
- Life Skills Curriculum
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens and Happy Kids by Sean Covey
- Study Skills
- Time Management
5. Student outcomes are assessed and validated through PSAT and SAT from the USA, and International Standards Assessment (ISA) from Australia, which is used by international schools worldwide.
6. Moreover, the school adheres to the learning competencies stipulated in the Basic Education Curriculum of the Department of Education (Dep-Ed) together with the top schools in Metro Manila and in the Philippines.